Execution Power: Growth born from experience and discipline
Here are some questions to guide this discussion:
- Should we do it? Does it align with and support our critical business outcomes?
- Can we do it? Do we have the relevant skills, capabilities and tools to achieve the desired outcome?
- Did we do it? Do we have the right metrics to measure the achieved outcome vs. the desired outcome as shown on the slide below?
Two mistakes you want to avoid at this stage are:
- Using the metrics in one zone to measure the performance in another zone
- Doing more than one transformation zone initiative at a time
Practitioners of the Hierarchy of Powers and 4 Zones frameworks have found them to be a valuable resource and set of investment criteria to achieve market leading ROIC and exponential growth outcomes.
As always, I am interested in your comments, feedback and perspectives on the ideas put forth in this blog. Please e-mail them to me at here. And, if this content could be useful to someone you know please share it here: